To truly treat an addictive disorder, we believe in treating the mental health of our patients first. Addressing past traumas or pre-existing mental health disorders or conditions is essential for long-term recovery. Every one of our patients at Forward Recovery has access to our top-notch mental health residential treatment so that your rehabilitation addresses all the sources of your addiction.
We work with you to create a bespoke treatment plan. Combined with our mental health treatment Los Angeles facilities, we are confident we can treat the source of your addiction, rather than just the symptoms.
Inpatient vs Outpatient Mental Health Treatment
What is inpatient mental health treatment?
Inpatient mental health treatment is the intensive version of our mental health residential treatment program. It is designed for those who require 24/7 around-the-clock care to help them battle their addictions and to redesign their life all while undergoing therapy and treatment for their mental health. Those with severe mental health disorders or substance abuse disorders will find our mental health treatment California facilities perfect for making real changes in their life.
We don’t just want you to detox; we want you to combat the source of your addiction or mental health disorder. With therapy, you will gain coping strategies so that you can enjoy a fulfilling life.
What is outpatient mental health treatment?
Our outpatient mental health treatment is ideal for those who have either graduated from our inpatient mental health residential treatment plan and are moving on to the next step in their recovery, or for those who would benefit from all our treatments and services, but don’t require quite as rigid a structure in their day-to-day lives.
Here you will attend the same appointments and therapy sessions you would if you were an inpatient. The only difference is that you will return home after these sessions. The added flexibility means you can even continue working or schooling during this time.
Our outpatient mental health treatment California clients are those with strong support networks to fall back on. This is because we require that our outpatients stay sober on their own. With a strong support system and our bespoke treatment plan, you can build a healthy lifestyle and enjoy long-lasting recovery from addiction and poor mental health.
Mental Health Treatment Plan Goals and Objectives
Mental health is not improved with a one-size-fits-all approach. That is why your mental health residential treatment plan will be created for you to suit your specific needs. The goals we create for you will be realistic and broken down into what we call “objectives.” This allows you to make real progress on your mental health treatment plan. Whether your mental health has led you to addiction, or you have suffered from a prolonged mental health disorder like anxiety or depression, we are here for you and can help you recover. With our luxurious mental health treatment California facilities, our expert staff, and our dedication to your needs, you will succeed in getting your life back.
Forward Recovery’s Full Continuum of Care
Live on property in a supported, trigger-free environment. The expert staff of Forward Recovery’s residential substance abuse programs offer 24/7 support and will walk you through intensive therapy while listening with open hearts.
For clients who need intensive therapy but not full-time support, we offer our intensive outpatient program. This level of care provides intensive therapy while allowing you the freedom to attend work or school while staying in one of our luxurious sober living homes.
Similar to IOP, our outpatient program offers therapy on a flexible schedule and encourages increasing independence as you learn to successfully handle triggers, cope with cravings and live a life you love in recovery.
Recovery doesn’t end once you’ve graduated from treatment. We offer ongoing support, and we’re always here when you need us. Once you’ve been to Forward Recovery you’re family, and we love our family members.
Our rigorous and effective substance abuse programs include talk therapy, group interactions and the latest treatment methods that science has to offer.
- Group Therapy – learn from the struggles and successes of your housemates
- Individual Therapy – delve deep in one-on-one sessions with your therapist and develop customized skills to reinforce your recovery
- Neurofeedback – a useful sort of brain hack to help give you complete control over your body, even in stressful situations
- Life Skills – fill in the experience and knowledge gaps that addiction left in your life
- EMDR – this scientifically proven eye movement therapy targets painful memories and tricks your brain into letting them go
Our holistic substance abuse programs include complementary therapies designed to improve your overall wellness and physical health.
- Exercise – get in shape on the outside as well as the inside
- Mindfulness – learn to be fully present and to live and act with intention
- Yoga – strengthen the connection between your body and mind with controlled movements and relaxing breathing techniques
- Reiki – this therapy uses touch to enhance the body’s natural healing abilities and calm the mind
- Meditation – find mental clarity by acknowledging the thoughts racing through your mind, accepting them and letting them go
- Acupuncture – this ancient practice decreases opioid withdrawal symptoms and strengthens internal organs damaged by substance abuse
- Breath Work – use breathing patterns to calm the mind and connect with suppressed emotions and memories
- Step Fit – Combines fitness and the 12 Steps for whole-body healing